Yard Management And Plant Releasing Operations
The industry yardstick for yard management
Sometimes Just In Time delivery requires a holding pattern before finished vehicles
enter the logistics pipeline. Like when a new model is being introduced and the
OEM requires delivery to multiple dealers no earlier than a specific date and time.
That’s one of many scenarios where VASCOR’s yard management and plant releasing
expertise take on added importance. These logistically challenging services are
an integral part of many supply chains, and OEMs count on us to manage temporary
holding facilities just as thoroughly and efficiently as we manage transportation.
Among the most critical services involved:.
- Operating dozens of yard locations across North America.
- Coordinating shipments with OEM-designated haulaway carriers and railroads.
- Providing ongoing data exchange over our own proprietary web-accessible systems
for efficient tracking.
The process starts with finished vehicles arriving via truck, rail or directly from
the assembly plant. First we inspect each vehicle and take it to a mixing yard for
sorting. If necessary, it is allocated to the appropriate lot and processed with
any value-added services. For example, this is where inventory reporting, label
application and insertion of shipping and other documents take place. Each vehicle
is inspected again before we place it on the appropriate rail or truck loadline
for release and shipment to its final destination, where it will be inspected yet
VASCOR’s unique approach to yard management and plant releasing provides several
distinct advantages for OEMs and other customers. Including:
- Our system’s pre-bay capability optimizes factory utilization.
- Our yard operations network reduces cost by eliminating the need for customers to
maintain multiple yards.
- Our well-managed yard operations reduce overall transit time for our customers
- Customers enjoy reduced damage as a result of reduced handling.
Learn about our Engineering Solutions
solutions and the Inspection Services
we provide. And see how our Information Technology
Suite helps us partner with customers to choreograph all our logistics